If one of these major life events applies to you, you may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period:
Other status changes that may qualify:
- Adopting a child or placing a child for adoption or foster care
- Leaving incarceration
- Gaining or continuing status of an Indian tribe. Members of federally recognized tribes can sign up for or change plans once a month throughout the year.
If you are currently enrolled in a plan through Your Health Idaho, please note:
- Having a change in your income or household that affects your eligibility for the premium tax credit or cost-sharing reductions also qualifies.
The law allows a 60 day window for individuals to enroll into a new plan, if accompanied by proper documentation.
- For those coming off of SHIP, your documentation is the letter of termination of coverage which was mailed out the the week of May 15, 2015.
- If you have recently moved, a copy of a utility bill or change of address from the post office will be accepted by your new carrier.