Special Enrollment Periods

If one of these major life events applies to you, you may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period:




Other status changes that may qualify:

  • Adopting a child or placing a child for adoption or foster care
  • Leaving incarceration
  • Gaining or continuing status of an Indian tribe. Members of federally recognized tribes can sign up for or change plans once a month throughout the year.

If you are currently enrolled in a plan through Your Health Idaho, please note:

  • Having a change in your income or household that affects your eligibility for the premium tax credit or cost-sharing reductions also qualifies.

The law allows a 60 day window for individuals to enroll into a new plan, if accompanied by proper documentation.

  • For those coming off of SHIP, your documentation is the letter of termination of coverage which was mailed out the the week of May 15, 2015.
  • If you have recently moved, a copy of  a utility bill or change of address from the post office will be accepted by your new carrier.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *